Setting Up a Plesk Server
The following steps guide you through the process of setting up a server in WHMCS for Plesk Hosting Accounts.
- Begin by going to Setup > Servers
- Click Add New Server
- Enter the server name, IP address, username and password as appropriate
- Set the type to Plesk8, Plesk9 or Plesk10 if you have ADMIN or RESELLER access to the Plesk Panel, or choose Pleskreseller if you only have CLIENT access for Plesk
- Custom Port: If you have a non-standard (8443) port for Plesk, you should enter the port number in the Access Hash section of the Server setup
- Click Save Changes to complete the process and add your new server
Setting Up a Plesk Package
To setup a package for your Plesk server, go to Setup > Products/Services, proceed to the new product setup and enter the details such as name, pricing, etc... as normal Then on the Module Settings tab you should do the following:
- Set the Module to Plesk or Pleskreseller matching what you used for the server
- For a shared hosting account, enter both the Client Template and Domain Template names (Plesk 8 & 9 Only) or the Service Plan Name (for Plesk 10) - these must be entered exactly as setup inside Plesk where you configure the limits & permissions
- For a reseller account, you must enter both the fields described above but also the Reseller Template name(Plesk 8 & 9 Only) or the Reseller Plan Name (for Plesk 10) to define the resellers limits & permissions.
The client account is getting setup but the domain is not
This is usually due to the permissions of the domain template exceeding the server resources or containing something such as ColdFusion support when the server doesn't support it. You should always test your domain template works directly in Plesk after setting it up if it is a new setup.
I get a blank command error from WHMCS when it tries to setup an account
This can occur if your firewall is blocking connections on port 8443. You need to open it on both the server WHMCS is on and the server WHMCS is connecting to for inbound and outbound connections.
With accounts created on my Plesk server from WHMCS the www. subdomain doesn't work
This happens due to the default DNS settings on a Plesk server and the requirement to tick a box when creating an account to enable it. To avoid that, simply follow the steps below.
- Login to Plesk
- Click "Server"
- Click "DNS Settings"
- Click "Add New Record"
- Choose "CNAME" under record type
- Enter "www" in "Enter Domain Name"
- Enter "<domain>" in "Enter Canonical Name"
- Hit OK to complete the changes
Module Command Error 1005 - Protocol version '184.108.40.206' not supported. Current protocol version is xx
This error means the incorrect Plesk module has been selected. Version 4.3.1 and above includes separate modules for each version of Plesk, so for example if Plesk 8 is running on the server ensure the Plesk 8 module has been selected under Setup > Servers > Edit and Setup > Products/Services > Edit > Module Settings tab.
Module Command Error: 1006 - Permission denied.
This indicates your plesk login doesn't have the necessary permissions to use the API. You need the admin of the server to grant your plesk reseller account permission to use the API - specifically this permission "Ability to use remote XML interface" and that should resolve it
Module Command Error: 1013 - Template does not exist
This error message is coming direct from the Plesk API. When configuring the product, you have to enter the client and domain template names. These are currently incorrect or missing so you will need to correct them in Setup > Products/Services on the Modules Settings tab when editing your product
Module Command Error: 1014 - Parser error: Request is invalid
This error message indicates there is a field value missing - this is most commonly caused by having no assigned IPs in the client or domain templates IP pool.
Module Command Error 1014 - Parser error: Cannot parse the XML from the source specified
The Plesk API only supports the characters a-z 0-9. If the client's profile contains other characters, accents etc, it will cause account creation to fail. You should edit the client's profile to remove these characters.
Module Command Error: 2306 - Domain adding was failed. Error: xxxxx template failed: Unable to apply limits
This error message comes direct from the Plesk API. It means that the template you are attempting to use exceeds your limits or has a feature your server doesn't support. You should try creating an account with the template inside Plesk itself as then you get more details about the problem.